Sclerotherapy, spider vein treatment is the oldest, yet most common, treatment for spider veins and reticular veins. Sclerotherapy is a minimally-invasive, 'walk in - walk out' treatment designed to diminish the appearance of spider veins by injecting a mild solution into the spider veins, which causes the spider veins to collapse and disappear.
The benefits of Sclerotherapy spider vein treatment includes:
- Improve the appearance of unsightly spider veins and reticular veins
- Return to normal activity immediately following treatment
- Quick, simple, proven treatment with minimal discomfort
- Relief of symptoms associated with spider veins
- 'Walk in – walk out' treatment
- Nearly immediate, visible results
Spider and reticular veins can be caused by many factors such as:
- Obesity & Overweight
- Prolonged sitting or standing
Sclerotherapy treatment can last from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on the number of veins treated in a particular session. Depending on expected outcomes, a person's treatment may involve from one to six sessions, with 10 to 30 injections per session. Although improvement is usually seen immediately after a spider vein treatment session, the full effect and benefit of Sclerotherapy spider vein treatment usually takes two to four weeks. After a series of Sclerotherapy spider vein treatments, most patients notice a 50-90% improvement in the appearance of spider veins and in the reduction of the symptoms associated with spider veins.